Wednesday 17 November 2010

My own secret place

Whilst the crowd gathers, I've chosen a different way to spend my time. To just stay put where I am, to reread things that I haven't read for awhile. To put a full stop and even withdraw from normal communal activities. There's no real reason except I just want to

STOP.

Stop and ponder.
Stop and gaze.
Stop and wonder.
Stop and listen.
Stop and count.
Stop and look.
Stop and enjoy.

Just to stop and look at the so common and mundane things in life like sitting and being able to write like this after the longest time. Just to stop and start thinking about things ahead of me. Somehow, singing about it doesn't really pique my fancy for this time. I can hear and think clearly when I'm away tucked in my corner typing away.

Slowing down the gears mentally while all is in a flurry of activity [Awards night + Christmas] is tough but I feel it's just so necessary for my well being and satisfaction. Slowing down gives me the opportunity to zoom in and focus on areas I need to rid myself of stress for 2011.

I have tons of things on my mind, issues that haven't been dealt with, circumstances that I'm dealing at the moment, and all this has made me decide to stop and recollect my thoughts before I move into high gear and finish up the rest of this year which is ending in another 45 days.

I think the only thing that has been consistent so far is photo taking. A hobby from age 10 finally became more than a hobby this year. Here are my favourite pictures for the year 2010:


















And now, to stop this blog post and head for another nap before I go out for some shopping : )



No comments: