Monday 27 September 2010

Love Like Fire

Your love is like fire that burns for all to see
My only desire to worship at Your feet
So let this fire consume my life
Let Your love take me deeper,
pull me closer to where You are,
'cause all I want is more of You.

As I go over this song again and again, meditate on the simple words. Really, God's love is the only thing that is fiery. It is strong enough to burn right through the mess, dirt and filth in our lives to purify us. His love is so warm and piercing that we cannot help but just be stunned and just drink in His great love for us.

The assurance that You gave me of the current situation that we are facing is awesome, Lord. I was wondering when You'd start speaking to me about it, and You always manage to deliver it just at the time I needed it the most : )

Your joy will be my strength. Your name will be my direction - Holy, righteous, Almighty.

The ways of man fail before You as I start to consider all the man made contraptions that we are so proud of. I sat down at lunch today, and heard people talk about the Ipads, Iphone 4s and Mac Books, and I am struck by the one simple fact that God asked Job,

Were you there when I created the heavens and the earth?
Surely you're able to tell Me how they came about, Job?

Pin drop silence from Job, perhaps?
I feel myself shrink in awe of the very essence of Creation.

Who can compare to what God has made? I can't with all the available technology and money and resources be able to create a tree. I cannot create something out of nothing. I can only hope to replicate or reengineer something that has already been created.

How could we ever compare to the Master Designer of the Universe? Surely, He is God. There is none like Him.

I'm rediscovering a part of me that used to be so in love with You, God. I am in the beginnings of rekindling that fire You have stirred up again. Who knows where it will take me? But the destination doesn't really bother me, it's who is walking with me throughout that matters more : )

I'm glad You're along for the ride with me.

I know that I'll be all right
as long as You're by my side my Love
This is my Love

No comments: