Saturday 17 April 2010

Thank You, Lord.

this week has been an interesting week of sorts.

we started report card day week and so far so good, eh kids *wink*

i am reminded throughout this whole week of just how important communication is.
I realise that no matter which stage of life you are in, communication is still as important.
as one student remarked about parents,

"maybe they should study that elective, you know - Essentials of Communications?"

i couldn't help but chuckle.
you know what, kiddo?
i think not just parents, but everyone included. myself too : )

I realised that this week, thanks to someone pointing out to me, that just how much we hide behind our internet world. In the past, before Facebook statuses, MSN statuses and Twitter and blogs existed, human beings had no platform where they could just express their real thoughts and feelings. In the past, we could only choose between saying what we really feel in person, or just keeping quiet about it.

However now, there's a third platform where we deposit our true selves.

But I wonder if having that third platform is really that good or really that bad? Words can be traded there, left there and dumped there. Sometimes we delude ourselves to believe that that platform has no consequences and we can just say what we can there and cheat ourselves.

it can be misunderstood.
it can hurt.
it can create confusion.
it can make things worse.
it can cause reactions.

the biggest challenge is to remain consistent online and offline.

aside from that, meeting up on Thursday with an old friend has been enlightening as always for we sat there for almost 4 hours for our dinner and proceeded to catch up with things in our lives, happenings and observations. I had my thoughts picked and dissected and analysed until my head hurt with the whir of ideas that were deposited.

what did i learn from that session?

to embrace who i am.
to realise that as much as they are individuals, i am one too.
to practice what i preach.
to understand that i have things in me that most definitely freak people out : )
to remember that in everything that happens, there is a reason even if i don't see it now
to remember to bring books the next time :p

i shall end this post with the thank you's since i haven't done it in quite a while...

thank you for always listening to me rant and rave, you're aweshum.
thank you for those reminders that I should behave.
thank you for doing so well in maths, i'm proud of ya.
thank you for trying, because it matters.
thank you for smiling because it cheers me up.
thank you for spazzing because it makes me laugh.
thank you for your advice, even if it made me cry.
thank you for liking my statuses, it makes me feel less lonely.
thank you for noticing that i'm stressed.
thank you for reminding me to tidy my table, though i never do it right away.
thank you for stopping to listen even if you know you might not like it.
thank you for being a friend.
thank you for the whoopie pie : )
thank you for deciding to be a leader and planning things.
thank you for giving your best in your studies without me saying much.
thank you for bringing in my ice lemon tea.
thank you for filing.
thank you for accepting me.


everyday I wake I sing Your song,
its the anthem of my life.




No comments: