Friday 23 April 2010

God of Wonders beyond our galaxy

Lord of all Creation

of water, earth and sky
The heavens are Your tabernacle
Glory to the Lord on high

today, we learnt about the indescribable detail, incomprehensible numbers, and unfathomable structure of our universe. and that perhaps, is only called the "known" universe. what about the unknown?

today, we learnt that the earth - the blue planet - is but just one small speck tucked into a tiny miniscule corner of the Milky Way. Our galaxy in turn is but just a tiny subdivision of a subdivision which is part of our vast, vast universe.

but God still cares even if we're that small.

God of Wonders beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy!
The universe declares Your majesty
You are holy, holy!
Lord of Heaven and Earth
Lord of Heaven and Earth

today, we realise that the heavens are so vast and high that any ruler that could be invented here on earth would never be able to measure just how wide and deep is His love for us.

today, we realised that perhaps when we memorise a memory scripture, it's not pure accident that it comes alive in our minds when someone else reads it. it is the very God who jogs our memory and who can be that real amongst us.

today, we found out that perhaps this universe wasn't just created for us to live in, but to also display and "show off" the grandeur and majesty of our great God.

Early in the morning
I will celebrate in the light
and as I stumble in the darkness
I will call Your name by night

today, I choose to look beyond people, circumstances and problems. because I realise that since You can measure the span of the universe in your palm, all the things that trouble me are so minute already. You hold me in Your hand : )

today, I decide to look beyond the heavens and into a universe beyond my comprehension and even go beyond that and rest my eyes on the Cross. To fix my eyes on Calvary. The universe was created through Him - Jesus Christ.

God of Wonders beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy!
The universe declares Your majesty
You are holy, holy!
Lord of Heaven and Earth
Lord of Heaven and Earth

today, i will choose to believe that all is well. i have Your infinite love and immeasurable grace to depend on.

Indescribable, uncontainable
You placed the stars in the sky
and You know them by name
You are amazing God!

Indescribable, uncontainable
You see the depths of my heart
and You love me the same
You are amazing God!

No comments: