Wednesday 17 March 2010

spot, focus, snap

snap goes my camera, the satisfying sound of the lens shutter clicking away thrills me.


As I focus on yet another subject, it could be a child splashing water in the pool, a stray pink cloud in the evening sky, star shaped flowers in my condominium... it doesn't matter.

as long as i get to capture that moment and relish it forever.

life on earth is short and the moments that matter to me the most will be the moments I try to capture the best I can with a camera. there is a certain awe that exudes itself in nature, a certain calm behind observing those majestic moments of the sunset sparkling and peeking over clouds and between leaves.

you will seldom find me in pictures with people. i am so much more comfortable taking down scenes and occasions because those moments warm my heart. i love jump shots, "ugly face" photos and special occasions like birthdays and weddings. i celebrate those moments by immortalising them all in a click and snap. the pictures of my loved ones remind me that there are moments of rejoicing where i can look back and smile, knowing that the journey i am on is not a solitary one.

i usually go through my whole year by clicking through pictures i've taken. So far for the year 2010 i've taken more than 3500 shots already and i believe by June it would have hit at least 7k or 8k shots : ) but the quantity can never be above quality. being the perfectionist, i am never satisfied with just one shot. i hope that one day, it will become a profession. But i know, i am so far from being professional with the type of shots i'm currently taking.

but it has been a fulfilling two months plus of exploring what photo taking can yield, not just that, but also the editting that i have come to enjoy : ) i am anticipating what I can do even more with what i already know and see how far i can push myself to improve.

Lord, guide me in this area. I really want it not to be "just another hobby".
Have Your will in this area.
Amen.




No comments: