Monday 21 September 2009

the silversmith

Date: Monday, 21-09-2009
Location: Nirvana, Bangsar; Delicious, Bangsar; Green Myvii; underneath a coconut tree : )

dear God,

it's been awhile since i've wrote to You like this. i used to love writing letters to You telling about stuff that's happened because I know that's how You love hearing from me. that i always tell You though I know You were always there watching.

i'm deliberately writing this because I know You love me, and I love You too : )

today, i discovered that maybe all the while i've been blind to a few things...

that I'm where I am for a reason


to be thankful for what i have : )


friends are important,
the variety you get adds spice to life


smile in the midst of impossibility
it helps to face life with hope = )


we are His children,
only a King's beloved
goes through refining
for the B-E-T-T-E-R

so yeah, God : ) somehow, things didn't get solved today but i just feel better. because the things that were told to me, got me thinking. that all the while, i knew what i had to do. all the while, i've already made that commitment to be the person you want me to be.

just that i forgot. in the face of depression and bad memories and nightmares, i somehow forgot to see the obvious blessings You've laid out around me to decorate my life.

i just read from an email about how a silversmith refines silver. the silversmith holds the piece of silver into the flames and the silver has to be heated in the middle by the flames at intense heat to rid the silver of its impurities. the silversmith has to keep looking at the silver in case it gets overdone. So how does he know when the silver is properly heated and the impurities are gone?

simple. the silversmith is able to see his reflection ; )

and somehow God, when i read this email, i realise all this is a sort of refining that i am going through. its definitely hot, fiery and painful to be refined. but i realise that you are holding the piece of silver until you see your reflection upon it.

i want to reflect your glory everyday of my life.
i want to try again. not because i'm supposed to... but because i want to do this for You, only You.

i wanna be a reflector
wanna shine for Your glory
wanna let the whole world know that
You're living in me
wanna burn with Your fire
shine Your light a little brighter
wanna let the whole world know that
Jesus lives in me.

2 comments:

::Michi:: said...

you're right. u knew it all along.. i knew you did!

flyindance said...

yeah well... i was never lacking the theory... it was just the practical :p