Saturday 4 October 2008

its a saturday :)

I'm so thankful for the long break this week. My short holiday started from Wednesday and it will end after tomorrow. Then is a loooooong month in October and half of November of preparing for Awards Night 2008 with the drama and all the other stuff attached to it. It's the final run for the year 2008 at school. Of course in church there's our annual Apostolic Program and Christmas 2008 coming up as well... *phew*

I can't believe the year has gone by so fast. It's extremely fast until the point where taking time to breathe is precious and short holidays like this... I'm treasuring them so much :) like yesterday for example... I spent it first by going for awesome banana leaf rice with my mates Vigh and Dawson at Thurka's in Melawati Business Square. Then we set out for the nearby CyberCafe - V2 - and played 3 hours of Call of Duty 4... I suck horribly because I keep getting knifed from behind :P After that, since it was raining, we took refuge at the mamak Genting Corner and played Texas Hold Em (another version of poker). Don't worry, I didn't gamble with money. We each bought 10 sweets and used them as "chips". When we ended the game we took back our sweets ;) I managed to win all the sweets two times!

After that, I proceeded to wait for AiChoo to come back from Times Square then we sped off in my car to Look Out Point in KAJANG... which is actually within Ampang as well. We just happened to cross the border there. So we drove up to the peak and had an Arabic dinner at this cafe called Bread & Olives. Superb lamb and awesome view of the whole KL skyline. We spent hours talking and pondering on life... we talked alot and I was glad there was an opportunity to share about God's role in my life of maturing as an adult and how it has helped with work and my perspective of living.

By the time we reached home it was slightly past midnight. Content, happy and smiling. We were singing in the car to Sarah Barelleis' Love Song and behaving like a couple of crazy, happy and care free girls. Thanks girl, for the cool night!

But I think... most importantly that during this year of being busy and caught up with work and stuff... I am amazed again and again at God's faithfulness. I have certainly not been faithful all the time. There were days when I put God on the shelf, there were days when I would just play "tag" with God and avoid His voice, His words and instructions. There were times when I shut Him out on purpose to feel rebellious... so many times He forgave me even when I didn't apologise... thank You for being there.

This song has been on my mind and heart ever since Day of Excellence... thank you Jaclyn, Joshua and Gilbert for presenting this song. I have this song with me before you three sang it but hearing it reminded how touching it was and is still to me :)

You Keep Givin' Me (sung by Brian Littrell)
So many reasons to be thankful
So many blessings that I can't repay
And I never would've made it here without You
Sending angels to guide me on my way

You keep givin' me joy
You keep givin' me happiness
You keep givin' me hope
You keep givin' me everything I wish
You keep holding me up
When I'm about to fall
And if even all of that was not enough
You keep givin' me love (You're givin', You're givin' me love)

I know that I'm not always easy
And I know I put You through some trying days
But in spite of all the worries that I gave You
No, You never let my Angels get away

You keep givin' me joy
You keep givin' me happiness
You keep givin' me hope
You keep givin' me everything I wish
You keep holding me up
When I'm about to fall
And if even all of that was not enough
You keep givin' me love

Have I told You lately (have I told ya)
How Your love has saved me
It takes me to place I've only dreamed
I'm so thankful, Lord, for sending me angels

You keep givin' me joy
You keep givin' me happiness
You keep givin' me hope
You keep givin' me everything I wish
You keep holding me up
When I'm about to fall
And if even all of that was not enough

You send angels to guide me from up above
You just keep givin' me
You just keep givin' me love

You're givin' me, givin' me, givin' me...
How can I thank you? How can I thank you, Lord?
You're the One who's blessed me with everything
You keep givin' love...
You keep givin' me... givin' me love
You! You! You!
Givin' me, givin' me
You're givin' me, givin' me, givini' me...
My everything
You keep givin' me love

No comments: