Monday 4 February 2008

a be-earlied Valentine's post

Dear friend,

I've been counting the years we've actually known each other and I find time has passed by so fast! We've been through our own personal struggles and seen ourselves grow stronger and closer to our Maker... not further. Somehow along the way, we've both realised our different callings for our lives and the differences have never been a reason for strife, but it was always an occasion for celebration, to take the opportunity to praise God for bringing us through the rough tides and having His grace in our pursuit to grow in Christ.

There's one thing I always wanted to say to you. A secret that I've been keeping for some time. But well, since our friendship has extended to comradeship, a brother-sister kinda kinship... I think burying those thoughts is such a small sacrifice compared to losing a great and awesome friend like you. Though at times the stray thought comes by-and-by, but after putting aside my hormones and emotions, there's more to life than that.

It's not even painful to let go because I realise that romance can be such a small part on life and what's more important is the friendship which is longer in duration than romance ever will be. Passion is just a brief moment of fireworks, bright sparks in the sky... but friendship is something long lasting, that even where passion can run flat... our friendship will not.

So dear friend, happy Valentine's Day. May God bless you with someone who can be your friend AND Valentine at the same time. That's my sincere prayer for you and when the two of you walk down the aisle one day, I hope I can be the one to sing a wedding song for the two of you and bless you with my sweetest smile :)


Love,
Catherine

No comments: