Wednesday 8 September 2010

i am through with you

i quit pretending things are ok.

i quit trying to think that it's my fault and somehow you're fine.
i quit telling myself that things will be all right.
i quit believing that whatever I say or do matters to you.
i quit asking to "talk things out" because we've done that already.
i quit being committed for a cause that you aren't living out yourself.
i quit trusting in relationships.
i quit wanting to be your friend, it's more painful to be friends with you.

i start to realise that life is a whole lot better when i have a change of scenery.
i start seeing myself for whom God sees me for.
i start looking for the right answers in the right places.
i start becoming a happier person when you're out of my life.
i start embracing that there's nothing wrong with me, it's the way God made me : )
i start loving the people who return love to me.
i start the day by learning to say "no" when I need to.
i start singing because it takes away bad feelings.
i start enjoying my life when I realise that I have a choice to live it without this crap

this is where i begin to say one thing to myself from today onwards,

i will survive.
i will make it through.
i will live, laugh and love the way I know how to.
i will breathe and enjoy life the way God wants me to.

and you,

i bid you goodbye mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
i need to cut you out.
i don't need your good intentions anymore.

i am stronger than this.

No comments: