Sunday 10 January 2010

Lord, my heart cries out

Somehow once you've made a decision, God comes in and decides to test your resolve and see how you fare in your commitment to place Him first in your life.


I don't think it was a mistake to read about worship in the book I took with me to Midvalley to read at Coffeebean the whole afternoon while waiting for my movie to start. It's no mistake that this book happened to address my heart more than the usual books touted by those around me.

to transform your mind you need to allow your spirit to take control of it.
and if your spirit isn't worshiping the Lord God Almighty, how much of your mind can be under the subjection of His Holy Spirit?

this week has been a week of mixed emotions, changing of principles and challenging of mindsets.

Almost everyday has been a lesson in itself of perseverence, patience and prayer. i decided for myself that in order to function the best in God's kingdom, certain sacrifices had to be made and certain thoughts and views had to be silenced. again and again i came to the altar and placed myself upon it to hunger for the peace and assurance that I had made the right choice.

did i beg? yes.
did i cry? yes.
did i complain? yes.
did i repent? YES.

somehow, i made it through to today, Sunday : ) maybe some would view these small endeavors on my side as minute and unimportant. But for me, it makes a whole world of a difference! I have won this week's battle - bruised and battered - but I have won with God's grace, strength and peace in my heart.

and somehow, even if i do feel sad... i know it will just be a fleeting moment when I give way to tears before Him and He will be there to pick me up again. even now, as I let them fall, i know at least I have come to the right place to exchange my burdens and once again decide to stand up and go through another day while holding my Papa God's hand and walking together in this life :)

you're the father to the fatherless
the lifter of my head
I see you veiled in majesty
we cry Glory, Glory
we cry Glory to the King

p.s. space has never changed friendships at all as long as the heart doesn't change ( :

No comments: