Wednesday 6 January 2010

faces. spaces. places.

It's almost a week into the new year of 2010 and there are loads of hints of how this year is going to play out.


On New Year's Eve, I finally overcame a personal obstacle and even took a step out of it to look at it in the eye and say "no more". It's a personal victory to end the year and start it with a freshness knowing that it isn't going to hold me back again. Go Jesus! The best things is... I can even forgive and let it go : )

The first few days of the new year flashed by and before I knew it, Sunday had came and I was approaching another academic year at Grace Homeschooling Resource Centre or fondly known as GRC by my kiddies and myself : )

smart me got involved in watching a movie that freaked me out badly and I wasn't sleeping well from Friday night until Sunday night itself. Went for an unforgettable Starbucks with a sales exec and a well-cherished friend accompanied with an icom student. The drinks tasted great and were that great because of the laughter that came with them. though the night ended somewhat in a low key, I slept better than the previous nights. thanks Connie, for the prayer and the hug. i actually told God i wanted a hug : )

School started on Monday with me feeling tired out... 80 over kids is something new to me! But somehow, we got through the first day, second day and now the third! Through God's grace for all of us working at GRC I suppose. The scary part of yesterday was having a brain splitting migraine attack and experiencing after so many years of it not recurring - blurred vision. Worst still, driving through the cats and dogs rain yesterday, focusing on the road and avoiding bumps while desperately navigating through near black outs. Thank God, I reached home before zonking out on the couch for 2 hours being dead to the world.

Today, I skipped lunch to avoid the noise and hustle bustle around me. Took a time to just talk to God in the classroom. I remember letting one small tear roll down because I felt so tired, frustrated and useless. If you know me well enough, you would know that I always hope to get the class in order, meet everyone's needs and at the same time have some time to breathe. I felt breathless today and with a tiny bit of migraine still pounding at me, I felt bummed.

But after talking to God, wiping the tears away. I was ready.

Big thank you to Sarah Ti, Vicks, Kathryn (and the sun and moon and stars), Ryan and all the other students whose smiles, hugs and reassurances have made my day today. I totally appreciate the small things you do for me - checking the floor plan, conserving blue tack, holding the science lab keys for me, complaining about your pigtails, forgiving me before I knew I was at fault... not to mention Melissa Yeap for visiting and giving me such a pretty bookmark! So great to be able to see you after so long! :D

I know how 2010 is going to be. It's a year of achievement that's full of knocks and bruises but also...

full of success
full of maturing
full of decision-making for the better
full of learning and relearning and unlearning lessons
full of committing to a higher purpose

but most of all.. and this is the part i like the most...

full of the goodness of God for my life : )

..and i will rejoice in You.. Whoa-oh-oh.. whoa-oh-oh!!!




No comments: