Sunday 1 November 2009

passing thoughts

i wonder if its a psychological thing... in a group, it's just there.
i can feel it creeping into my heart
i can sense it trying to take my attention away
i know it desires to just lure my emotions to it

but i have to fight with it
i have to realise that there is a power Above that can set me free

sometimes i struggle with the concept that He can save me
then i realise that humans struggle with concept and fail
Jacob struggled with God, and found a new name, a new identity

it takes a whole life time to live out the life that God has prepared for me
the realisation of this isn't anymore those rock-fist moments at concerts
the reality hits me and i realise that i've
outgrown the Christian movements of my generation
no more of the euphoric moments where thousands jump and scream

there is a quiet, but peaceful dawning of revelation

that He is God Almighty. He is the Creator.
i am His creation. i was made to praise Him and bring glory to His name

as i write this... i am found by You.
you are my Friend and King.


i am Yours, forever i will sing
faithful is
my Friend and King

No comments: