Tuesday 27 October 2009

Man In The Mirror

the greatest challenge in life is not counting how much money you have

the greatest challenge to accomplish is not how many mountains you've climbed
the greatest hurdle to jump across isn't the Amazing Race or a marathon even
the greatest test isn't sitting for the toughest exam in the world in passing it well

i think the biggest victory in life... is to be able to overcome yourself.

i am my biggest enemy. all the devil needs to do is to keep me preoccupied and busy with myself, so that i lose sight of the things or people around me. all i need to do is to focus on me, I and myself and the devil can start throwing a party already.

the battle is over when a soldier throws his rifle to the ground and lifts his hands to surrender to the enemy.

are you goin to grab ahold of God and keep fighting the good fight?

i can choose today to wake up and call myself a sinner, good-for-nothing human being...
and yet i can choose to stand up and call myself a saint.

i'm not being proud. but i remember my Bible says that i am God's "elect" and i'm chosen to walk and live in the "perfect life" that Christ has died for to enable me to do so.

i am born of royalty.
i am not a pauper.
i am destined for greatness.
i am not a failure.

its a point to change again. i wonder if i'm up to it? my enemy isn't really the devil, the biggest person stopping me from changing is myself.

are we all willing to own up to that?

i'm starting with the man in the mirror
i'm asking him to change his ways

2 comments:

Deborah Lim said...

Love reading ur post, sis. Another simple yet thought provoking post! God bless you richly =)

flyindance said...

thanks Debs =)