Friday 5 September 2008

I Wanna Love You

I wonder if God gets lonely?
.
.
You know, when we get so busy doing things for Him instead of doing things with Him?
.
There's a major difference there already. Those of us who do believe Jesus Christ as our personal Saviour and Lord, we know fundamentally that we are saved by grace. I'm pretty sure everyone's first encounter with God was genuine and the fire or passion that burned in our hearts for the Lord was sincere and passionate.
.
Definition of passionate according to Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, it is defined as,
"...capable of, affected by, or expressing intense feeling..."
.
When we say we're passionate for God... are we actually only passionate towards the good works that we do because we're Christian? It's so much easier to organise another Youth Rally, or another adult outreach, or another prayer meeting... but are we passionate at the beginning of the day when we wake up?
.
I asked a question today... "Are we really truly desperate for God until the point when we open our eyes, all we want is God?"
.
God, am I so desperate for you that if I don't get to talk to You I will feel like dying? That if I don't find You around me, I will feel lost and desperate?
.
Sadly, even I myself... I have yet to reach that stage. Somehow, it's so much easier to hide behind the curtain and do all the safe "Christian activities". It's so much easier to tell the young people that God is love, and that they should love God more. What about myself? Countless times its just so much easier to get busy with work than to just sit there and drink in Jesus.
.
God, am I doing so many things because I'm told to do them, not because I want to?
.
How long have I been doing things for God? Have I forgotten that He doesn't exactly need my help in carrying out His work for Him? Am I doing it in His name and forgotten that He created me so that I could worship Him first?
.
God, do I wake up desperate for You? Do I feel so hungry for YOU that without You I can't function properly?
.
Deeply In Love (Youth Alive)
In my life, You've heard me say I love You
How do I show You it's true?
Hear my heart, it longs for more of You
I've fallen deeply in love with You
.
You and I, together forever
Nothing can stand in the way
My love for You grows stronger each new day
I've fallen deeply in love with You
.
You have stolen my heart
I'm captivated by You
Never will You and I part
I've fallen deeply in love with You
.
Jesus, You've stolen my heart
I'm captivated by You
Never will You and I part
I've fallen deeply in love with You

No comments: