Monday 2 June 2008

Taking notes

It's been a great one week holiday so far... I've watched three movies in the space of 3 days, eaten good food, bought books and DVDs that I've wanted to watch. Cleaned up my house. Visited and got to know some new students in the area. Pondered about my future. Looked at others worrying about their future. Gotten a new housemate. Cleaned up my room...

I've arrived upon one conclusion:

Change is the most constant thing in life.

Sounds like an oxymoron right? haha.. I know. But well, change is the thing that happens most of the time in life. We grow old, we become wiser, we get harder... its all change isn't it?

This is a random post. But nothing in life happens in random because God is the one who handles my life. Means every detail is thought over, every scene that plays out in my life is a product of God's best and I mean VERY best intentions for me. Think of the Bible... the things that were written in there were inspired by God right? Means... to look at it in retrospect... God was watching over those scenes and more and found that those were the ones worth mentioning. Means when Daniel was in the fiery furnace with his three buddies... God found it noteworthy to put it in the Bible.. sorta like someone reviewing a movie and picking out the good parts to talk about.

Likewise, I believe God is watching all the parts of my life - how I spend my time, what i do in secret and think no one knows, who I love and hurt, what I buy with my salary, how much I spend time with Him... so many things. And I have made that commitment to make sure every second of my life is a great scene to watch. So that God won't feel cheated out of a good show :)

Another note: Thanks for being a great friend. We're 10 years apart but it has never been a barrier and I thank God for that. Thanks for being so open, it's an honour as I said (does a mouse bow) and lets keep working on this friendship and make it better everyday for the rest of our lives. Love you very much, kiddo.

No comments: