Sunday 12 April 2009

musings of the week

today is Resurrection Sunday... My saviour won over all odds, even death, to come back from the grave to show to the whole world just how much He loves me and everyone on earth.


that's something I can never fathom and understand 100%... Jesus Christ died for a person like me? he's the most perfect person on earth - the Son of God - and yet, He's rather take all the muck and mire from my life, put it onto Himself so that He could save me out of my situations.

and yet, somehow, Easter has lost its true meaning. It's so much celebrated as a holiday, a fun event [read: egg hunting] and tradition that we sometimes can overlook the fact that it's all about Jesus. So let's take this opportunity to remember that on Friday, someone died for us so that today, we could have all our heart's desire, and above all... a restored relationship with God the Father :)

... on another note... the latest craze in town has left and returned to his homeland :P David Archuleta reminds me of that long ago craze of Westlife when they came to Malaysia and their one and only showcase at Sunway was repeated and repeated and repeated AND repeated nonstop on the local TV channels. There can be such a thing as overkill, you know? *chuckles*

there's of course no harm in having someone you like who's a singer. nothing wrong at all as well to admire that person's looks, talents and background. I can remember the times when i liked people like 911, backstreet boys, N' Sync, Westlife, Savage Garden etc. I remember the adrenaline rush when I heard they were in town too... being moved to tears? not quite though. Ah well, different individuals have different ways to express themselves i suppose. 

having said that though, I do hope that when devotion classes are going on... that we should be focused on the Word of God, not on talking about anything else. of course there's a rule as well in school concerning laptops that during school hours, student's aren't allowed to look at pictures as well. above all else... upon entering a classroom, one should ask for permission to speak to a student from a supervisor : )

here's the question of the day: 
should your passion for your idol cause you to break the rules that are set? (it's not just for when you're in school, but it applies to anything)

No comments: