Wednesday 25 June 2008

new look?

Well, well... guess my blog did a facelift, thanks to the great taste of Soph XD

I feel like making a tag. Let's see if this works... this tag is for those who have been blogging for at least 2 years or more...Just cut and paste the interesting parts of your blog posts in each question, ok? Here goes!

1. What was your second post in June the first year you blogged until now?
June, Year 2002 (ranting about my coursemates in college)

"hey, I am so sick of my course mates! They just know how to borrow my practical reports for Chemistry and Biology and that's it! They just bloody copy the whole thing. Look, I spend 5 hours in the library digging my arms into mouldy, dusty, stinky, yellow-coloured books, what do they do? Sleep at home? I can say no, but I just want to avoid any discomfort later on. I thought since we came in the course with new spirit and dreams, a little effort on "their" part wouldn't hurt?

2. What was the thing on your mind the most in August the first year you started blogging?
August, Year 2002 (musing over why I blog)

"...Sometimes I wonder what to do with my blogs. I'm still so alien with the concept of blogging that I wonder if my personal ravings or complaints will actually get on the nerves of people... Basically my blogs include what I've been up to these days, how many people have got on my nerves or how terrible Calculus can be... Is it a place to give advice? Is it a place to vomit out all my woes and negativity? I really don't know. When I feel my fingers itching to type, what you see on my blog is exactly what my fingers want me to type. Usually if you see me updating blogs I'm just sitting there typing non-stop. I don't reconstruct, I don't polish, I just clikety-clack and voila it's there!"

3. What were the things you had on your blog during December the first year you started blogging? (for example icons, chatboxes, what kind of links you had on your page)

Hmm... I don't know if this applies to those on blogspot. But because that time I designed my own blog... so I had these in Year 2002:

* mood icons (busy and tired)
* my favourite quote that time on my blog was "bloody hell"
* a "Tag Board" which now you call a Chat Box :P
* a moving tera-panda cartoon icon
* 9 contacts only on my contact links!!! (my social life sucks!!!)
* a Spirited Away moving cartoon icon
* Bravenet visitor counter

4. Randomly pick a post in February (from any year of your blogging life)
February 2004 (this was during my tenure with New Straits Times as a part time journalist from YouthQuake, a section for the young people in my days :P)


"...Another happy news is I get to review Josh Groban's CD which is like SO what I want to listen to at the moment! It's original and I'm like, in looooove just looking at the cover. My hormones overrode my senses, a guy who has curly hair, little boy smile and is older than me by one year gets me into hyper mode! His voice... Okay, okay, I'll lay off him first. I'll probably be back at the end of the day after I sample his songs and write about them. Nyahahah!Toodles people!"

5. Weirdest comment left at your blog post / blog's guestbook / chat box
September 24th, Year 2002 (random Hoklish - Hokkien + English - guest comment)

" wah lau .... luan ka er si ... so hard to read .... and very complicated ... ur story memang si long lar .... better sumaries it lar .... cya ... hehe ... dont angry ya .. tat part of my opinion ,...from hockkia"

hahaha ;)

6. What colours has your blog used as a background?

* Black (2002)
* Baby Blue (2003)
* Pink (2004)
* Dark yellow (2005)
* Dark baby blue (2006)
* Pinkish purple (2007)
* Peach (2007) - - my final Pitas blog post before going to blogspot
* Black and dark green (2007) - - my new blogspot blog
* Black and dark green (2008)
* Grey, Orange and Black (2008) - - latest

7. Most interesting Valentine's post?
Year 2008

I blogged about my crush and talked about how the friendship was more important than the romance and that I know he doesn't like me and its ok because being friends is priceless as well =)

8. What is the one thing you realise that has been consistent in your blog posts until now?

* I like to do alot of self-searching posts
* I think aloud in my blog
* I have spells of not blogging for weeks, then suddenly blog almost everyday :P
* God has played a very important part in my writing

9. Who do you tag to do this blog?

Soph, Shabeta, Shabeta, Roberts, Paul Lyn, Lydia, Hazel, Wee Yen, Shannon (the girl), Hosanna, Tammy, Joni, Sarah Ti, Raquel, Zoe Tai, Grace Goh, Bee Bee, Vighnath.

No comments: