Saturday 22 September 2007

The Girl in the Gym Bag

Dear Girl in the Gym Bag,




I wonder how it felt to have another fellow human being treat you the way he did. When I look at your picture, I wish I could have done something. It aches to read about you in the papers. To think you were staying nearby the area where I am staying now, you were in Section 1 and I stay in Section 2. To think we might have walked the same night market before and brushed shoulders but never knew about each other.


You were crushed, bruised, abused and torn. You were beaten, raped and betrayed by a fellow human being. Someone at your age should not have been subjected to such brutality. I mourn too knowing that for those many nights, when I lay in my bed warm, that you were lost out there probably crying your heart out. Probably your tears had already stopped and your voice gagged out into silence in the face of the horrors that person put you through. Darkness was your companion. I hope that during that time, God sent an angel to comfort you.

Some know you as the Girl in the Gym Bag... but you're not just a body dumped into the bag and left behind there to rot. You possess a soul, a spirit, that is God-given. I know you're in heaven now in God's Arms. And He's given you a perfect body, and right now.... you're running in heaven and smiling and laughing. No pain, no abuse... only a new and perfect life!
Little Nurin, rest in peace. I'm glad God is holding you now.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

This post makes me mad. Not at you, but at that person who killed the little girl. I don't understand why that person did it. That girl did not deserve to die the way she did.

Sometimes I ask God why these things have to happen. What is the purpose of her death? I guess God will show it in His own time.

flyindance said...

There is a purpose. I just hope people don't get mad at God and say if God cared why did He allow such a thing to happen